Horse Logging in Kentucky

If your in need of these services or wish to buy logs or lumber email me. We are full swing here in KY.

Reply to
LowImpact

How do you chop down a horse?

Reply to
mp

you cut them off at the pass

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

My grandfather used to log using mules in KY. What part of KY are you in?

KY

Reply to
Kentucky Highlander

I'm glad you axed that.

The technique is similar to what George Washington used on the Cherry Tree.

With a horse, hackamore.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I've been looking for a 20 foot hunk of ash. I have a long canoe that needs new gunwales, I only need about a 1 x 6 board, but it needs to be at least 19 feet long.

I'm in central Indiana, but travel South some.

Can you help me?

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Can you use a scarf joint to make a 19' board from a few shorter ones?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman