Home Shop Air Compressor

Page 2 of 2

Me too.
I'd try to get the quietest one. There is no reason for a compressor to be as noisy as they generally are. Quiet would mean quality, IMHO.

you got that... my next compressor will be quiet, or I won't buy it..
I find that I don't use air tools as much as I'd like, because of the noise of the compressor... if it was quiet, then it wouldn't be that important how often it ran to keep up..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
[snipperified]

When I semi-retired, the shop I left behind had a 5HP Webster cast-iron twin with intercooler (I'm guessing a 100gallon+ tank). It came with the building 15 years prior. Only when it started did you hear a squeel from the 3 belts. Then it settled in a locomotive style thumping that was almost pleasurable to listen to. You could stand next to it and carry on a conversation. One of us would blow it down daily, and I changed the oil every 6 months. Kept the spray booth going, air drills, and the air logic and servos on the edgebander... never missing a beat.