Home-made Oil finish?

G'day Patriarch, Today I'm sure it would give our local health and safety officers heart attacks ;) I'd say the paint was lead based. It was a gloss oil paint, green. With the roof being corrugated iron painted silver. My Grandfather was in charge of the water supply in Kalgoorlie and used to visit the farm every Xmas, about 1000 ks travel. He "sourced" the paint. Strange coincidence, the Silver Frost was the same colour as the water supply used for it's pipelines and all their buildings were painted green ??? :) John

Reply to
John B

W. Wells