HF is it really all crap?

I had a set of tires for a hand truck that I used on a home made winch.. I needed to roll the winch around... and it took a few years to get rid of most of it. But if I bring them inside they still stink... So , no ; it's not really gone just less abusive in the garage.

Reply to
tiredofspam

The power tool aisle in the Walmart at Princeton, IN now has that same obnoxious smell.

Reply to
Rita and Neil Ward

i have the normal 10" HF tile saw (not the bridge saw). it has to be set up correctly, as it's hit or miss from the factory. also, the water delivery system leaves something to be desired, so i've put loc-line water feeds on it using a higher volume fishtank pump.

i've used mine for laying thousands of sqft tile, granite, slate and flagstone.

you only need a bridge saw if you're doing rip cuts on very long tiles or cuts through the middle of wide tiles. for long rip cuts, you can also use a non-bridge saw if you feed the material into the blade rather than try to use the sliding table to feed the material. however, the cut depth of a normal sliding table saw is about 8" or so. if the smallest dimension of your tile is greater than 16" you may not be able to cut them in half.

Reply to
chaniarts

Make sure it's perfectly level because it can get messy, real quick. If it's not sitting level, the water will run off and onto the floor. And with any saw, it's all about the blade. Go to a different store and spend the money on a good diamond blade.

It's worked pretty well for me so far. I've never used a tile saw so I can't compare it to a name brand.

Reply to
-MIKE-

No, I've got a rubber mallet that is still like that after at least 4 years. Maybe I shouldn't store it wrappen up in a plastic bag, but I can't stand it? But maybe they just added more "rubber stink" to my mallet than they usually use?

Reply to
Bill

Bill they actually take all the air pollution and package it in the rubber. They send it to us so we can enjoy the pollution that they enjoy.

:-)

Reply to
tiredofspam

Toss it onto the back porch for a month. It'll settle down.

That said, I bought two of the large HF rubber mallets and was using one to help seat flagstone. I ended up breaking a 2' dia. piece with the damned thing because it was too hard. Alas! A 3# drilling hammer and tubafore works better and is safer to move wet sand.

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Swingman

KILZ to the rescue!

Reply to
HeyBub

Vacuum de-gas it - good reason to buy that HF Vacuum bagging kit that you might use for veneering once sometime before you die.

Reply to
clare

One of the kids that works at the sign shop bought some Chinese tires for his 'Fast & Furious' Honda Civic. What shit. Totally unsafe garbage. Sidewalls with bulges and that smell. I know that they can make a reasonable tire as well, but look out for cheap Chinese tires.

Reply to
Robatoy

MSG, they use it in Chinese food too! LOL

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Leon

I've never had any issues with Jorgensen/Pony clamps except for the oil spotting from the pads. I just don't use the pads.

You get what you pay for, mostly. .

Reply to
scritch