HF is it really all crap?

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

It does stink, doesn't it? But it's 90% gone after a month of airing. Sunlight helps bake it out, too. (Tan on both sides, please.)
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
I had a set of tires for a hand truck that I used on a home made winch.. I needed to roll the winch around... and it took a few years to get rid of most of it. But if I bring them inside they still stink... So , no ; it's not really gone just less abusive in the garage.
On 6/8/2012 2:30 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

On 6/8/2012 1:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:

The power tool aisle in the Walmart at Princeton, IN now has that same obnoxious smell.

Oh, dear! Switching from soft pneumatic to hard rubber? You don't like yourself very much, Swingy. Granted, we need to air up before use 3 or 4 times a year, but it's worth it. Perhaps you'd like them better with green slime in the tubes.
But just NOT jarring myself silly when moving several hundred pounds of whatever going up or down each step is a real good feature of the pneumatic tires. I adore 'em!
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Ahhhh so you agree about that stink.
I think you were one of the people telling me that is normal tire stink...
It's not... the Chineese have done tire stink to a whole new level... I was in a tire store back room the other day and it has a smell.. But not the burnt crap smell that Chineese rubber has...
:-)
On 6/8/2012 11:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 6/8/2012 3:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Prove it ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

No, I've got a rubber mallet that is still like that after at least 4 years. Maybe I shouldn't store it wrappen up in a plastic bag, but I can't stand it? But maybe they just added more "rubber stink" to my mallet than they usually use?
Bill they actually take all the air pollution and package it in the rubber. They send it to us so we can enjoy the pollution that they enjoy.
:-)
On 6/8/2012 6:20 PM, Bill wrote:

Toss it onto the back porch for a month. It'll settle down.
That said, I bought two of the large HF rubber mallets and was using one to help seat flagstone. I ended up breaking a 2' dia. piece with the damned thing because it was too hard. Alas! A 3# drilling hammer and tubafore works better and is safer to move wet sand.
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
Swingman wrote:

KILZ to the rescue!

Vacuum de-gas it - good reason to buy that HF Vacuum bagging kit that you might use for veneering once sometime before you die.
On Jun 8, 10:31pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

One of the kids that works at the sign shop bought some Chinese tires for his 'Fast & Furious' Honda Civic. What shit. Totally unsafe garbage. Sidewalls with bulges and that smell. I know that they can make a reasonable tire as well, but look out for cheap Chinese tires.
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

I wonder if they use the same wall thickness today. Aluminum has gotten pricey.
On 6/8/2012 3:22 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I've never had any issues with Jorgensen/Pony clamps except for the oil spotting from the pads. I just don't use the pads.
You get what you pay for, mostly. .