help needed matching cabinet stain to wall stain

I am attempting to match up a custom built curved oak wall of an island to Kraftsmaid cabinets (wood = cherry). Cabinets are stained color "Peppercorn". My contractor stained the custom built wall twice with Dark Walnut (darkest stain we could find) and then put the poly on. It's still a bit lighter than the cabinet finish.
How do you think I could get it darker? Should I paint it?
http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid15X0&doorstyleid 5 To see the cabinet stain color, click on this link and select Finish "Peppercorn"
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

The cherry cabinets will be darker in a couple of seasons anyway. I'd suggest trying to enjoy the difference. Or make it more different. Unless Kraftsmaid didn't actually use cherry, but toned something else to 'look like cherry'.
This wood stuff, like people, change with age. Sometimes better, sometimes not.
Patriarch

http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid15X0&doorstyleid 5
I matched a job like that by using a brown dye and a dark mahogany stain. Took a hell of alot of trial and error to get it right, but I matched it perfectly. That was your contractor's screw up; he just did it and it was wrong. Oops! I hope he was at least cheap.
Assuming you don't want to strip it, see if they have a Minwax polyshades that will work. I used a dark walnut once and got oak pulls to match a walnut cabinet pretty good. (bought the can at a garage sale for a dime!)

http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid15X0&doorstyleid 5
Your "contractor" should have matched the stain on scrap before applying it to the finished product.