HDC Dust Collector???

I want to upgrade my shop vac to a small dust collector. Someone about 45 minutes away from me has an unused HDC 1HP dust collector. He is asking the same price as a Delta, but says he is open to negotiation.

However, I don't find any reference to HDC on the internet, which is not a good sign. Ever heard of them? I don't plan to put a lot of use on it, but want quieter than the shopvac, and with better suction.

Thanks. If you are familiar with them, is it likely to be changable to 240v? He says no, but I am not sure he knows what he is talking about.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Check out

, (Homier Distributing Co.), China quality tools. Plus they sell the 1 HP dust collector you descibe for $100. I could not find it on the web, but they passed through this area with their traveling tool show and the had the 1 HP collector then. You may want to check out Harbor Freights's 2 HP dust collector, it is on sale now for $150. In the real world it is around 1-1/2 HP. It comes with 30 micron bags, but for the price you can upgrade the bags and still come out ahead. Free freight on orders over $50 too. I bought one a week or two ago, have not used it much, but it seems to be a good value. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Thanks much. I really liked their 1 3/4hp router for $40. My shop vac probably works better than their dust collector.

Reply to
Wade Lippman