Has this ever happened to you?

Made some drawer boxes for the master closet built-in yesterday. Measured twice, cut once. Went to install them this morning, and I'll be hanged if even a single one of those drawers fit. Nine times out of ten, I'd use a story stick, but this was such a small job; there were only four basic measurements.
Anyway, get this: they were too tall. All I had to do was trim 1/2" off the boxes and faces of two drawers to make a perfect fit. Can't for the life of me remember the last time I mis-measured something and cut it too *big*!
Cheers!
Sometimes.....sometimes I read from the top of the tape and read on the wrong side of the number and interpret it incorrectly.
"Leon" wrote in message

Yessir ... misreading a tape measure, particularly the one on the table saw fence, has been at the root of almost all my major woodworking screwups ... and rarely, if ever, do I err on the side of "too large/long". Somewhere around $5 a board foot, you start paying particular attention.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04

saw
Since having to wear glasses in the shop the last year or so, I ve done significantly more "misreading" than previously. Maybe I should get a pair of bifocals for the shop and leave the 'progressive lenses' in the house
Lucky. I cut a board three times and it was still too short!

Measured
if
off
the
too

and cut it too *big*!

Yea, right!
:-)

Today... Wrestled the cabinet down the steps. Too big. Wrestled it back up.