HandyDandy Excel/Works spreadsheet.

Many of us already have ways to calculate these things one way or another, but this is handier than a pocket on a shirt. Rather spiffy, I must say. It does:

- Arcs - Calculates arc length, radius, angle in rads and degrees. When any combination (2 of 3) of information is known. Chord, height, radius.

- Angles - When the length of two sides are known (simple trigonometry).

- Compound miter - Saw settings for cutting molding on various wall angles and molding slopes.

- Dual slope compound miter - Settings for a box with different slope on sides than front and back.

- Springback - Predicted springback for glue-ups.

- Ellipse geometry - Distance between foci and string length, when semi-major and semi-minor axis is known.

- Proportion - Golden mean rectangle calculator.

- Cone geometry - Calculations for flattened cone and partial cone.

All tabbed neatly along the bottom of the spreadsheet.

It works in MS Works and a bigger version with great graphics works in Excel.

It is a freebie from our friends at Woodweb.com

'm glad you liked the show, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Robatoy

WOOPS.. sorry about the wrap..this will work better:

Robatoy