Ha! Wood Working!

Something different for me, not furniture.

I gave a neighbor a wine bottle stopper a few months ago as a birthday gift. Then she decided it would be nice for me to build her a display to show off her wine bottle stoppers. Oh boy... Then she decides that she would like to hang it on the wall. Oh boy....

So I think and think and think and..... cruise the internet for ideas. I hate the traditional look of the typical display as they look like miniature stadium bleachers and or golf ball display, you know the look.

So I got an idea from a guy selling bottle stoppers and significantly changed his design.

At the link below the displays on the saucers will display 24 bottle stoppers. The ones not on saucers hole 9 stoppers and will hang on the a wall or cabinet with 2 screws that slide up inside a key hole slot on the back side. A crew at the top holds the display, a screw near the bottom will keep the display from tilting should it become heavier on one side. Saucer units will free stand on a counter top. And now the neighbor wants the counter top display.....

These are made out of an 8' Douglas fir fence post so I made enough to use up the whole post.

Let me know what you think!

Leon

Those look an awful lot like pipes! : )

Reply to
Bill

Bong pipes? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Original! Good thinking.

Another coat or 2 of paint?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Cool ... and now you're good for a couple of seasons at least. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Thank you

Actually they have two coats of GF country colors stain/paint, NLA. 3 coats of gel varnish.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah we are already calling them bottle stopper Christmas Trees.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
G. Ross

Outstanding creativity and craftsmanship.

I think, however, you should move very far away.

Having a neighbor that collects wine bottle stoppers is medium creepy.

I don't even think there's a 12-step program for the malady.

Reply to
HeyBub

24 bottle > stoppers. 24 bottles!

even think there's a 12-step program for the malady.

That's a 24 bottle program! Not a bad program. Might want to visit the neighbor more often, rather than avoid her.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you. Th hitch looking stopper is something my wife came up with.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you.

Well, they are more than just corks. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Down here in the Bible Belt, nobody admits to drinking wine, much less fancy corks. I made a few and still have them.

Reply to
G. Ross

e stopper a few months ago as a birthday gift. Then she decided it would be= nice for me to build her a display to show off her wine bottle stoppers. O= h boy... Then she decides that she would like to hang it on the wall. Oh bo= y.... So I think and think and think and..... cruise the internet for ideas= . I hate the traditional look of the typical display as they look like mini= ature stadium bleachers and or golf ball display, you know the look. So I g= ot an idea from a guy selling bottle stoppers and significantly changed his= design. At the link below the displays on the saucers will display 24 bott= le stoppers. The ones not on saucers hole 9 stoppers and will hang on the a= wall or cabinet with 2 screws that slide up inside a key hole slot on the = back side. A crew at the top holds the display, a screw near the bottom wil= l keep the display from tilting should it become heavier on one side. Sauce= r units will free stand on a counter top. And now the neighbor wants the co= unter top display..... These are made out of an 8' Douglas fir fence post s= o I made enough to use up the whole post. Let me know what you think! http:=//

http:/=/
creative. Excellent finishing choice. Could easily go national with th= ese and make a pretty penny I would think. Both the holders and the stopper= s.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

An old Cajun carpenter and excellent boat builder, Dado, was doing some wor= k for the church and he and the priest went to get some supplies. On the w= ay back, they stopped at the store and Dado bought some beer... asked the p= riest if he wanted one. The priest said he only drank wine. Dado told him= , "Wine is for church, beer is for work." Dado loved his beer!!

BTW, if you ever saw the movie "Old Man" (about the Miss. R. flood of '27),= Dado played the old man on the house boat (he built for the movie), out on= the flooded plain.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

What did you make the labels out of.

I agree, you probably could go production on those and sell a slew

Reply to
tiredofspam

What did you make the labels out of.

I agree, you probably could go production on those and sell a slew

Reply to
tiredofspam

Outstanding creativity and craftsmanship.

I think, however, you should move very far away.

Having a neighbor that collects wine bottle stoppers is medium creepy. ================================================================ Why? My sister collects tea balls. Lots of people collect odd things.

Reply to
CW

On 11/9/2012 11:15 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

stopper a few months ago as a birthday gift. Then she decided it would be nice for me to build her a display to show off her wine bottle stoppers. Oh boy... Then she decides that she would like to hang it on the wall. Oh boy.... So I think and think and think and..... cruise the internet for ideas. I hate the traditional look of the typical display as they look like miniature stadium bleachers and or golf ball display, you know the look. So I got an idea from a guy selling bottle stoppers and significantly changed his design. At the link below the displays on the saucers will display 24 bottle stoppers. The ones not on saucers hole 9 stoppers and will hang on the a wall or cabinet with 2 screws that slide up inside a key hole slot on the back side. A crew at the top holds the display, a screw near the bottom will keep the display from tilting should it become heavier on one side. Saucer units will free sta nd on a counter top. And now the neighbor wants the counter top display..... These are made out of an 8' Douglas fir fence post so I made enough to use up the whole post. Let me know what you think!

> Very creative. Excellent finishing choice. Could easily go national with these and make a pretty penny I would think. Both the holders and the stoppers.

Thank you. The labels were the worst part, I had to find the design and add the oval ring and cut them out with an exacto knife... The natural look would certainly be easier w/o the labels.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you

Clip art from a Google search and I added the heavy oval ring surrounding the picture. I printed it on mustard colored construction like paper and then used an exacto knife to cue each one out. That was a PIA. Perhaps if the labels were readily available from a winery...

I would not mind making production runs but not on spec. There was a lot if time involved although much of it was making up jigs to drill the holes and designing the labels.

Reply to
Leon