Grizzly vs Freud Router Bits

I have a Freud horizontal raised panel bit that works surprisingly well in my 2 1/4 hp router. I was browsing amazon for the corresponding rail and Stile bits. Freud has them for $85, but Grizzly has those bits PLUS another raised panel bit (a different profile than what I have) for $60.
What would you get?
Larry Bud wrote:

well
Freud is very good professional quality..the Grizzly is low import quality....you get what you pay for in the case of tooling....just matters on how much you are going to use them.... Mike
They're all from Taiwan.

Not true; the goods ones are from Taiwan (or Italy, or Israel, or ocassionally the US). The crap is from China. I don't know this, but I would bet Grizzly is from China. But if all you need is crap, they are fine.
No Bob, I am sorry you are mistaken. Freud router bits are not made in Taiwan. They are made in Italy.
Mike

All the Freud I see is Italian. Good stuff, although the router bits are expensive.
I've heard that the sawblades come from the same factory as CMT. Anyone know ?

snipped-for-privacy@ccrtc.com wrote:

Velepec, Dimar and Amana are 'very good professional quality'. Freud is not bad.
As far as the imports are concerned, they could all be sold for 40 bucks a box of 12. The rest depends on paint, finish and packaging.

"Robatoy Said:"

I agree. A project that I have worked hours on and spent good money on quality wood is not worth screwing up with cheap tools. Its not tool snobbery, its just makes sense to me.
Dave
PS: How can those who boo hoo Sears, shop at Harbor Freight and Grizzly?

I have bought a few router bits from Grizzly and like them. but then I don't do an extreme of woodworking either. For an occasional use router bit I would not hesitate to get them from Grizzly. If you are planing on going into production you may want to spend the extra money. Greg

Infinity www.infinitytools.com or Whiteside www.routerbits.com Freud is in third place with many other good brands.
If I'm doing quality work, expensive materials, I'm not taking chances on an unknown bit. I have some $5 bits from Woodcraft. I use them on non-critical stuff and they work OK. If I'm going to make a raised panel door, no way.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I have both the Grizzly and Jasada bits in roundover, The Grizzly bits do not always have the same shape as the Jasada. However I have never had the Grizzly lose a bearing which I have had happen on Jasada. The Freud bits have the same shape always, and have yet to lose a bearing. It took me a while to notice when Jasada went belly up.

an
non-critical
Larry,
It's from FWW #137, so late '98 (a given company's QC might certainly have changed in the intervening years), but take a read anyway:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00045.asp
-Chris
Larry Bud wrote:

well