GRIZZLY 15" BANDSAW & 13" PLANER- MOULDER.

I'm new here and to woodworking and have some questions for the list.

I bought the above machines a couple of months back, the band saw as new & the planer / moulder second err third hand it seems but in very serviceable condition.

Does anyone have these machines and if so could you give a run down on setting them up especially the planer knives. They seem to move every time I tighten down the grub screws on the gibs.

I also would like to know if other brand knives will work in the planer and what about moulder knives too ?

In the supplied manual for the planer it states you can plane & mould so I'm guessing you could combine knives to say make a nice wide base molding by adding profiles in conjunction with the planer knives . Is this a correct assumption ?

For the band saw I have purchase a timber wolf blade, 1/2" IIRC. I plane on getting 2 more of different sizes and profiles as needed.

My intentions are to make some furniture and custom built ins and glued laminate curved cabinates from cherry etc.

What do you guys suggest for additional band saw blades ? I bought the grizzly 15" due to the price, the table size and a reference from a friend who owns a griz shaper & large table saw.

As of yet I have not used either machine, seems too many things have gotten in the way but hope to have the new bathroom finished early next week which will allow me some time to get them in order.

Thanks for any info or help you may share.

Bob...

Reply to
joie