Frustrated in High Point

Page 2 of 2

A beefier saw would just blow the breaker quicker.

1.75"
breaker.

Actually, a bandsaw would do the job you tried with ease, and more. If you leave a "smidge" for the planer, you just need to leave the line. Fence and feed works the same on one side straight; chalk, snap and follow starts you out from rough.
Great tool.
stoutman wrote:

A bandsaw would rip that leg nicely!
FWIW, is your breaker shot? They can trip at lower amperages as they age.
Barry

When I use to live in my old house, which had fuses not a breaker, it would blow them also. It only trips the breaker when it starts to bog down. If I feed ridiculously slow it doesn't trip the breaker. But I risk burning the crap out of the wood. I'm guessing a beefier saw will not bog down and thus will not trip the breaker.?.
I thought about the bandsaw after I posted. I think your right. A nice bandsaw should do the job nicely.
A beefier saw will draw more current to begin with, so I don't see how it solves your current (uh.) electrical problem.
stoutman wrote:

Try using a smaller blade. 90% of the time I just use cheap thincut 7 1/4" Piranah skillsaw blades on my 10" saw. Sam

A beefier saw is going to require more amperage, though, which by itself will blow the breaker. What strength breaker are you running, 15 amp? If so, a slow blow might help, but running a 20 amp circuit might help more.
stoutman wrote:

You need to convert your saw to 220, and run a 20 amp service to it.