Free lumber. Sort of.

Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD, but...
Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "
With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood chips http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html
Add pictures here
✖

I wonder who did the heat treating. If the Chinese did it with the same care they show towards heavy metals in dinnerware and toys, I'd expect free longhorn beetles with every purchase.
✖
RicodJour wrote:

Keep the wood, sell the beetles as pets for Easter. Maybe include a little EGP chain :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as is done with cardboard and paper.

✖
On Feb 9, 5:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

It's that trade imbalance thing. They don't even want the shipping containers back. A local sailboat rigging guy, the one I just got my Emmert vise from, is moving his shop over into containers just bought a 45' extra tall container in fine condition for $2500 delivered.
✖
Larry W wrote:

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.
Add pictures here
✖

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard
Add pictures here
✖

You'd have to feed the crew...
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:19:53 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Dude has a waaaay-big, soggy back yard, eh?
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Add pictures here
✖

Either that or he wants to start a halfway house for illegal immigrants being trafficked by container.
✖

It has been verrrrry wet down here
Add pictures here
✖

You'd have to feed the crew...
*****************
I would hire a crew which were sons of yours, then they would be a chip off the old block and I could feed them the wood chips also available for free
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/9/2011 6:47 AM, HeyBub wrote:

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
HeyBub wrote:

Got an email back from the lumber wrangler. The timbers are gone, but he still has oodles of 4x4s and, of course, the chips.
I was mainly interested in the 4x4s as fireplace wood anyway. For free, it's worth the experiment.
What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't think they work for mulch - any other ideas?
Add pictures here
✖
HeyBub wrote: ...

Surprised generator of them didn't find an outlet -- altho there may be no close-enough chipboard or other user to make transport economic.
If not of a toxic or otherwise nasty variety, some use them as bedding/stall material in animal barns, etc. If it's an uncontrolled anything goes source, though, that's probably out as an alternative.
✖
?

There are some solid fuel boilers that can use them. I'd not use them for much in case of bugs.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote

Why not? the bugs will burn the same as the wood
Add pictures here
✖
?
wrote

Typo. Much should be mulch. I don't want bugs spread around the house. Burning is best use.
Add pictures here
✖