Footprint chisels?

I found a local seller of these, does anyone know about them or where I can read up on them? The website contains zero info about anything they make www.footprint-tools.co.uk/ . Any experience?
thanks all,
Alex
Hi AArDvarK,
Footprint were for many years the standard issue chisels used by the Royal Air Force workshops. They're a reasonable middle-of-the-foodchain chisel.
They don't work straight from the box - the backs need quite a bit of flattening before you've got a sharpenable chisel. Once they're fettled, they take and hold a pretty good edge.
Cheers,
Frank

Okay thank you, I suppose fettling would be lapping?

Originally "fettling" was the removal of moulding lines and flash from iron castings.
Nowadays it has become a general term for any sort of "sorting out" required by anything from a chisel to an engine.
--
Smert' spamionam

I found Sears has them, online only. These are true bevel edged made in Sheffield, take a look: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid936817000 I think I'd buy these before I'd buy the Marples blue chips. Good price for a 9 peice set but who knows if the metal is the famous "sheffield steel"(?).
Alex
I got a set a couple months ago. I think they are ok.
dave