food safe oils

Page 3 of 3
On 12/23/2014 9:02 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Kinda makes me wonder what oil is on the steel when I buy them at the steel yard. It gets on you and vaporizes off if in the open or the sheet gets hot. Keeps the rust off. I suspect it is a light oil of some kind.
Martin
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:02:13 -0600

Easy is one of my favorite descriptions for a product. I like paste form better than oil (drips and runs) and the wax.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:41:10 -0600, Martin Eastburn wrote:

I used aluminum flashing once for a model RR backdrop. I had to use something (vinegar?) to remove the oil and then use an etchant to get the latex paint to stick. Won't use flashing for that purpose again :-).
On 12/24/2014 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

My Plasma torch heats it up and turns all sorts of colors (normal as well) along the hot line of missing metal. Continuous blast of air drives the metal out of the slot.
Martin