Followup: Jet Supersaw replacement

Two days after jet said they would replace my Supersaw because it was out of tolerance, a new one was delivered to my house. I've developed a back problem that I am nursing, so the local shop sent out two people and they replaced my saw and mounted all the cast iron for me.
So round 1, Jet and the local shop came through like a champ.
I say round 1, because I think there is going to be a round 2. Getting the main saw replaced with one whose table was ground to tolerance has now allowed me to see what I believe is a significant problem in the sliding table itself (Jet did not replace this part). I'm taking more measurements and pictures and will talk to them about it Monday. I'll let you know how this goes.
Bob
Bob Davis wrote:

Ya know, there's a lot to be said for buying used power tools that someone else has done a good job setting up. ;-)
-- Mark
And moving them to destroy the setups....

George,

Yes, but the fundamental concept is they *can* be set up correctly. They don't have a defect the prevents them from accurate woodworking. The set of wings that came with my new Grizzly TS *couldn't* be made to fit due to an misstamped wings. An upgraded set of wings cost me just the difference in price, but it was still another couple of weeks before the saw was up and going. Since it was my first contractor saw I spent a LOT of time fussing with the original wings, assuming the problem was my lack of knowledge & experience.
OTOH I was fortunate to get a low-milage BS and jointer from someone getting out of woodworking. True, I had setup to do after getting them home, but I KNOW these are capable of being setup correctly -- there are no manufacturing defects that prevent the jointer tables from being aligned properly. Before buying them, the seller and I made very lovely sawdust.
Plus, the seller had already upgraded the bandsaw with riser and Carter guides. <g> I'm more gloatful (if that's a word) about the purchase as time goes on. ;-)
-- Mark
Final followup (round 2).
I visited my local Jet store where I bought the Supersaw and told him of the difficulty I had getting the sliding table to remain level as it slid form infeed to outfeed. He said he had the same problem aligning the sliding table on his floor model. He told me a couple of tricks which made since and I went home and tried them. It worked. Now the sliding table with the new defect-free main saw cross-cuts like a dream and I'm a very happy camper.
I decided the saw was worthy enough to mount the shiny new Forrestor WW II blade. Just for grins, I tooks some scrap 1x2's and made some 45 degree cuts as if I was going to make a picture frame. The quality of the cuts and fit-up was incredible. I think I'll be able to get by using this set up instead of buying the guillotine style chopper I had eyed for my wife's picture frames (She's a professional artist).
Bob

of
the
measurements