Flush mounted mirror hangers

I've used some picture/mirror hangers that allow things to be hung flush to the wall, and I'd like to get some for myself. These are round metal ones that sit in a shallow hole drilled with a ~1" forstner bit. The idea is that you put a screw in the wall, then slip the metal hanger over the top of it, and as you drop it on it pulls it tight to the wall. Basically it's a round metal disk with a hole in the center. Does anyone know where I can get them? Or even what I'm talking about?!
Thanks. JP
Jay Pique wrote:

It sounds like a "keyhole fastener":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page41&filter=keyhole
although I haven't seen them in a round form.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Yes, they are exactly like those you've shown, only they're circular in shape, allowing for simple(r) mortising with a forstner bit. JP

I'm assuming you've seen the router bits that let you do the same thing without separate hardware? Such as: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p0113&cat=1,46168,46176&ap=1 If that won't work, I remember seeing a "shop tip" somewhere (a mag? here? online? can't recall...) that basically used a fender washer to accomplish the purpose you describe. That alone might work if you're mounting on a screw or something with a larger head (i.e. not a finish nail), or you could file/mill a slot on the inside rim of the washer to make a keyhole slot. Either way, you'd just need to drill out a clearance hole, then a shallow countersink for the washer, and you're set. It makes sense in my head - let me know if you want me to try to explain it in more detail. Good luck, Andy
Craft supplies in the UK sell them online. I use a 26mm forstner bit to drill the hole for them

Thanks Mike. I just figured out where we got them here in the states. We actually purchased them to secure balusters for railings, and are available from Fasteners Unlimited. I find them to be much quicker to install than traditional keyhole hangers - like you said, a simple 1" forstner bit does the trick. JP
: wrote: :> Craft supplies in the UK sell them online. I use a 26mm forstner bit to
: Thanks Mike. I just figured out where we got them here in the : states.
Where do you get them?
    -- andy Barss

Fasteners Unlimited. JP