First time using a stacked dado

I am using a stacked dado blade that came with my unisaw for the first time .The dado is an old delta unit and came with 4 blades and numerous chippers.The teeth on the blades are cut on an angle, I am assuming the "high" side is to the outside of the dado,both left and right and the chippers are set to get the correct width of cut ...please let me know if this is correct .

the only remaining question is what are the two remaing blades for , they are identical to the othe pair. Could it be to make two small width dados in a single pass ??? mjh

Reply to
mike hide

Right.

I think you got 1 1/2 dado sets with the saw. Narrow dados are done with the same side blades as the wide dados, minus the chippers.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y