Ferm Planer blade change

Not much experience of electric planers. After a few months I need to change blades. Manual pigeon english but.. screwed in retaining bolts making blade holder loose. Manual says remove blade holder, can't. But managed to slide blade out, now having trouble sliding blade back in, positioning doesnt seem accurate enough, cant get in to clean. Do you normally remove blade and holder from drum when changing blade on a planer. Hope etiquette is ok, first go at posting.
--
stuckinthewood

stuckinthewood wrote:

You might want to mention a few more details about the planer.
Like they say about cars, Manufacturer, Model, Make and Year? :-) Well maybe not the year -- unless it is a really old planer and we have to wake up granpa for advice..
Someone else might have the same planer and could make your life easy by knowing exactly what to do.
People have been known to take a picture and post it in the binaries (photos) newsgroup if they really get stuck on an item and need to "show" people the situation.
Worry about etiquette after you get some help.
Good luck!
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek