Exotic Wood (tali/missanda)

In one of my recent auction adventures, I purchased a pretty good stack of lumber that went cheap. I was told it is called tali(aka: missanda).
This is giant boards, 3" thick, 12" wide and 12' in length. They are VERY heavy.
I finally started milling this stuff last Saturday and found that it is (a)hard as concrete (b) very vile dust
I used a mask after I noticed a problem breathing this dust.
I went back in the shop last night and started on another project made of 3/4" plywood which required a table saw.
After using the saw, I noticed this very nasty dusty thing going on in the shop. I also began to itch badly on both arms.
I'm assuming this wood is the single cause of the problems.
Anybody have any experience with this very difficult wood ????
A google comes up with a little info on dermatitis and a wood that causes some problems, but nothing says it's toxic.
I'm still itching a little today as I write this message.
Damn strong hard wood though, make a helluva woodworking bench top. Comes from east Africa: http://www.woodmarket.com/english/missandas.asp (I never heard of it, just found that link)
Alex
Here is more info on this wood http://www.zanzibarconnection.com/specs.htm#mkarati
Dave