Emmert Vise Clones

Any opinions on Emmert vise copies?
By in person, check everything you can to make sure the mating surfaces all fit, the jaws close square, etc. Check for slop.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

I think this is the Taiwanese-made version sold by a few retailers in the U.S. I bought one to use as the front vise on my bench.

There are some sharp corners to file off but I agree that it's well-made.

I agree again, which is why I decided to buy a 'standard' front vise. The Emmert clone sits under the bench in its original box awaiting a second bench to be built sometime in the hazy future.

Isn't that an Irish concoction?
Cheers, Mike
Check out LV's pattern vise.....very sweet.
Cheers,
Andy