Emmert Vise Clones

Any opinions on Emmert vise copies?

Reply to
Richard S. Mullin

By in person, check everything you can to make sure the mating surfaces all fit, the jaws close square, etc. Check for slop.

Reply to
My Old Tools

made, works well. Basically a copy of the non-turtleback Emmert. Useful to have in the workshop, but it drives you mad as the _only_ vice. The jaw tilter is never straight, so it's always wobbling at you. Damn nuisance to fit. Doesn't fit to a substantial frame member, isn't rigid on anything that it can fit too.

Of course, as an English chap, I'd much prefer an Emmett vice (no R).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Check out LV's pattern vise.....very sweet.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
A Dubya

the U.S. I bought one to use as the front vise on my bench.

There are some sharp corners to file off but I agree that it's well-made.

I agree again, which is why I decided to buy a 'standard' front vise. The Emmert clone sits under the bench in its original box awaiting a second bench to be built sometime in the hazy future.

Isn't that an Irish concoction?

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike