DW788 Scroll Saw Question

If you use a DW788, would you please email me? I'm on my 3rd 788 within 8 months. My first one is at repair shop after 7 month's use. The 2d was defective; blade wouldnt move so I returned it to store & got a 3rd one. I'm not sure this 3rd one is working right. I need to ask somone who actually uses one some questions. Thanks.
My post got buried right away so I'm trying again. Doesnt anyone use a DW788?? If you dont want to email, maybe somebody could answer this question.
Should the DW788 be able to cut 3/4 thick white pine at fulll speed? I have to go very slooow & still have difficulty. I'm using an Olsen Crown 5 blade. I'm quite sure I could cut it with the first DW.
I'm taking it back to store & an anticipating no help from salesman.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (KayM) writes:

Sure. 2" oak is no problem either. Are you sure the blade is installed the right way?
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:27:22 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (KayM) wrote:

Didn't dewalt switch to another manufacturer for the DW788 a year or 2 ago?
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:27:22 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (KayM) wrote:
Go to MSM groups and ask in one of the scrollsaw groups
Sorry to hear you had problems with the scrollsaw. I had mine for a year and love it. No problems whatsoever cutting oakor other hardwoods.