Dust Collection Question

I am setting up a home workshop with a dust collection system. Is there a good reason to use "dust collection" hoses for the fittings over standard sheet-metal ductwork? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Elwood
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 23:02:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Then you have the impractical thoughts, mine is hmm 4 inch thin wall soldered with clean outs all polished and pretty.
Like, I did not get enough metal polishing at Lackland.
Hmm, 4 inch copper gutter down spouts.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
(sixoneeight)@hotmail wrote:

I said "duct", not "conduit". As in HVAC duct, which is what the OP was asking about.
--
Regards,