Dowelmax

I have just purchased the Dowelmax dowelling jig (www.dowelmax.com)and it is the perfect doweling jig hands down. It is made from quality CNC aluminum and reeks of quality all the way. You can make perfect dowel holes for any length of panel as well as up to 4" thick wood. And with the right number of dowels it is as strong as M & T. Check out the reviews on Amazon and dowelmax.com. Five stars for sure.
The Spam goes in aisle 3, not here.
Jay

True :) Here's my spam free review of the Dowelmax though for anyone with a genuine interest - http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/dowelmax.htm
You would expect it to be a pretty good dowel jig for the asking price though.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 60 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Festool CT22E Dust Extractor - Fasco GN-40A Brad Nailer - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction - Milescraft SignCrafter - Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS - Bessey K-Body Clamps ------------------------------------------------------------

Since you just piggybacked on the spam, how does that make you spam free? Perhaps you should clarify if you are shilling for dowelmax, your web site, or both?????

Hey Mark,
Re-Read the crap you just posted. Sure reads like a professional copywriter did this as ad copy. That makes you a spammer, not a homeowner/woodworker user. How stooopid do you think we are?
BTW,. just what is quality CNC aluminum? There are grades for casting, grades for machining, but I've never seen a grade called CNC.

I'm glad you are happy with it and proud of it. However, claiming strength of an M &T is pure marketing hype. I would expect strength between dual biscuits and floating Tenon. Nothing even comes close to a traditional M & T joint (reference engineering joint test by Fine Woodworking, March 2001).
Bob
CNC aluminum. That's a new one. What will the marketing types come up with next?

Dear Group, I do hate the fact that unscrupulous shills resort to this type of pandering in this group to sell their wares! That said, I do own and use the DowelMax and can vouch for it's efficacious results. If you do want to consider any doweling, this set up is as accurate as you are hoping to get. Creates very strong joints and is very simple and quick to use. As long as your wood is clean and square, I defy you to break the joint, when done correctly with the DowelMax jig. The price is hefty, but considering the inaccuracies of most other dowel jigs out there, this one is head and shoulders above them in this regard. The product also comes with a, rather boring, but useful how to video to get you on your way. The unit is manufactured with quality material and machining. Built to last and provide good results. I do recommend this product to anyone looking for an optional solution to the M & T. I suppose we could make the same disparaging remarks about biscuit joiners and pocket hole jigs, They all have their place and can come in handy for the right purpose! The Dowelmax is no different. A good tool for the job!
Happy with Mine, Michael
PS..............I don't work for DowelMax either!
On 29 Oct 2004 18:25:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Mark Hames) wrote:

"the right amount of dowels"? Like maybe forgetting the wood and gluing dowels together? Sort of like "up to" and virtually"