dovetail machine

I'm sure this has been hashed out here many times before. But I'm about to get a dovetail jig and am pretty certain to go with the porter cable 12" model (I think it's the 4112 model?) that sell for around $110. I don't plan to spend any more than that. What are people's experience with this product? Does anyone strongly recommend another jig? Thanks.

I have one. It works but you have to carefully do set up before doing final product. I made the mistake of being just a mite tight so made one last height adjustment (to bit) then ran project boards through, only to find I had further tightened, not loosened fit. Something of a disaster.
You cannot vary spacing and can only produce half-blind dovetails. Of course to get this capability, you need to spend a lot more money.
Brian
Or look at the new 4212. A little more money, but does a lot more and is MUCH heavier.
Joe
Hi Joe, You are the second person that has said that recently. Cheers, JG
Joe V wrote:

I looked at one yesterday and was very impressed. Very heavy and it has the sliding dovetail slot as well. I'm not real sure how they plan to sell more omnijigs when this thing gives the value it does, especially with the 18" version.. The price on the one I saw was $119 for a 12" half blind template only. They are going to kit them with the boxjoint and through template for $179.00. If I didn't already have a keller style through dovetail jig and a 4112 already set for drawers, I'd spring for one.
Don

Check out this great review from Taunton.com. The only one they didn't review was the Aikeda or maybe that's Akeda. Anyway, Porter Cable has two dovetail jigs and one , according to the review, is better than the other - It helped me make up my mind as to which one to get.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00055.asp
Keith P.