Do Primus planes suck?

I have a little Primus block plane that I bought close to 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure that I got it at woodcraft on Woburn, MA
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDW4
Every couple of years I wonder why I never use it, assume that I must not have ever gotten it really sharp.
Try as I may, it just digs in and chatters. Most of my planes are of so-so quality but tuned to a reasonably functional state. But this one has just new worked well.
Maybe it's just a lemon.
Does anyone have one and like it?
-Steve
Stephen M wrote:

E.C.E. plane. Primus is their metal adjuster model line.
I've got one of those block planes--thanks, Tom--and it works beautifully. There are several possible reasons for it chattering, including being dull. Try two things: sharpen it to within aninch of its life; expose less blade.

If it digs in, it is possibly skittering instead of chattering, though both could happen of course!
For the difference, try my web site - Planing Notes - Skitter & Chatter.
With such a small plane that looks difficult to adequately hold, I'd guess that skitter is more likely.
Jeff G
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron