DIY Electronics Plan source query

Folks -
I'm sure some of you dabble in 'lectronics.... are there any good souces for plans - schematics and the like for building a remote, auto blast gates or time delay for operating a dust collecting system?
I'd also like to build/find plans for a "crash switch" for a router table, TS, etc... One of the catalogs had something for 35 bucks, but it didn't amount to much.
OT - at one point I had come across plans for an "electromagnetic rifle" that used carefully timed and fired electromagnets along a soda straw - the barrel - to shoot a "steely" marble. No noise, nothing... of course they had dire warnings throughout and my bro in law said it would be considered a "manufactured weapon" and a felony... so it didn't get any farther.... Wild idea tho'
Thanks in advance for any help or leads...
John Moorhead

some of those things are 'too simple' to have plans available.
an "auto blast gate" simply has a _switch_ attached, such that the switch is closed when the gate is open, and vice-versa.
The _simple_ way to get a time delay is to use a 'time delay relay' (no, I'm *not* kiddig!) Google on that phrase. "Amperite" is one of the better known manufacturers of relatively inexpensive ones. they don't handle a lot of power, so it's not uncommon to use one of them to control a 'power' relay (aka "contactor") that actually switches the 'load' on and off.

Wotsa a "crash switch"??

See "Nuts and Volts" magazine. somebody offers something along those lines -- as well as a bunch of other 'weird' gadgets -- in a regular ad.

Do a Google search on "rail gun". Same basic idea but much simpler implementation.
Art