DeWax

Is there a simple way to "dewax" shellac? Can it be as simple as heating it and allowing the wax to drain off?
Thanks
Deb
Dr. Deb wrote:

From an exact phrase match. Google can be your friend. But I thought there'd been more discussion about it than the 8 responses I found. So I tried all the words and got http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q wax+shellac&num&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny81&as_maxd(&as_maxm&as_maxy 05&safe=off Joe
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:46:17 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dr.

Wax is that white, milky substance in the bottom of the shellac jug. Pour off the top portion (with no milky goo) and you have a fairly well dewaxed shellac. Use the bottom part to coat the inside of drawers or something.
--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---