Delta Tablesaw Question

I'm in the market for a table saw for my home shop, and I have a couple questions about the tools that are available in my price range. (

Reply to
MSCHAEF.COM

Mike

I just got a new Delta saw here in Canada. Its not a true cabinet saw just a "contractor" with a cabinet around but I cant get over the quality of the product for the price...including fence (which I like by the way) was 899 Canadian $....so I think that translates to about 600 to 650 or so in real American bucks. Take a look on the Delta Woodworking site and search for product 36-655...

Hope this gives you a start on your search for a new centerpiece for your shop.

Ken Burlington, Ontario, Canada (eh!!!)

Reply to
Ken in Canada

Yeah, that was my take away from looking at the -650K over at Lowes. The trunion castings looked of high quality, and the blade looked rigidly mounted. The fence, which I think was a Uni-Rip, had a little play in the far end, but it looked completely servicable. I'm willing to measure my rips with a square, and use a block to fix the end of the fence in place, if either of those turn out problematic.

It does, thanks a lot.

-Mike

Reply to
MSCHAEF.COM

Mike I have to agree with Ken. I got the 36-650C contractor saw in Canada for $750.00 in January 02. For an offshore product it performs very well and I have been very pleased with it.(The fence on the 655 looks much better however). One word of advise is to change the v belt to link belt (Lee Valley cat. page 99). You will be amazed how much this reduces vibration and improves the cut quality. Dave, in Nova Scotia.

Ken > Mike

Reply to
Dave Rhodes

Agreed Link belt makes such a difference to vibration...Love this 655 saw glad to hear youre pleased with yours as well

Ken

Reply to
Ken in Canada