Delta Table Saw Wrenches

Hello,

My brother-in-law purchased an older Delta Table saw....nice one. Burned out motor, and replaced it. Almost just like new. Only thing he does not have the wrenches with it, and figure the owner never changed the blade and thus the motor got too hot ripping and burned out. Anyway, where can he get the original wrenches? He is modify some wrenches, and I was curious if he could just find some. Thank You john

Reply to
jloomis

check feebay

also look everywhere you haven't so far

Reply to
Electric Comet

A 7/8 wrench and a piece of wood works.

Reply to
Markem

Otherwise, search this site for the specific model.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I've got a 1948 Delta and just use an adjustable wrench and a piece of wood. You shouldn't need a special wrench.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Not sure which were shipped with them; if it isn't a Unisaw but one of the contractors saws they were probably just stamped sheet (1/8" roughly) steel anyway.

The Powermatic Model 66 came with a cast iron hex wrench that's pretty nice; as said not sure what the Unisaurs came with; never had one.

A nice box end w/o a large offset would probably suit well altho just a regular combination will suffice.

Reply to
dpb

But not nearly as well as two wrenches, Especially when using stacked dado blades.

Reply to
Leon

Look here

Leon

Well, the wrench has to be longer than the blade radius... so you could cut a wrench shape into the dead blade, and use that. I've done it. Lotsa sparks from the pneumatic grinder, might want to do it outdoors.

Reply to
whit3rd

My early 1990s Delta Contractor saw uses a wrench made from flat steel. Ab out 1/8" thick. Has a 7/8" nut opening on one end and a 1" nut opening on the other end. Not sure why they put two sizes on the wrench. About 9.75" long so easily reaches to the center of a 10" saw blade where the mounting nut is located. The wrench is stamped or cut out of 1/8" thick steel. A regular Craftsman wrench would be just as nice or nicer. The nut holding t he blade on is one size. So you only need one wrench to change the blade. You don't need an adjustable wrench because there is only one nut to loose n or tighten and its size does not change.

Reply to
russellseaton1

"jloomis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

Well, I'd start with the original manufacturer:

Altho that might not be the cheapest solution.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Hello,

My brother-in-law purchased an older Delta Table saw....nice one. Burned out motor, and replaced it. Almost just like new. Only thing he does not have the wrenches with it, and figure the owner never changed the blade and thus the motor got too hot ripping and burned out. Anyway, where can he get the original wrenches? He is modify some wrenches, and I was curious if he could just find some. Thank You john

Reply to
jloomis

True I have a modified bandsaw blade my father made for the inside fitting. The bandsaw was huge, Case used it for sawing demo cut aways. Mark

Reply to
Markem

For those that don't have a modified BS blade, ;!), consider an inexpensive wrench for the arbor flange side of the blade. It will most likely require a thin wrench but less expensive wrenches can easily be ground down to fit, using a grinder. I needed a "thin" wrench to replace a KitchenAid blender drive sprocket. I bought a Northern Tool wrench and ground it down for that one specific purpose.

Reply to
Leon

I have a thinned out wrench like that, but I have forgotten what I made it to fit.

Reply to
G. Ross

You can buy thin wrenches, that's what I'd do if something happened to my table saw wrench. Sears sells them, and I think if you dags you'll find a lot of them. Would be pretty simple to put a slight bend in the wrench if your saw needs a bent thin wrench, as mine does. Sears sells a 1/2" one for under $10 for example.

Reply to
Jack

RE: Subject

If you can't find the Delta stamped sheet metal ones, look around for "tappet" wrenches.

Should be available as double open end or maybe even combination wrenches.

(Open end with closed end on opposite end).

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Get someone with a CNC machine and laser or plasma and ask them to cut out your design. Draw it out on a paper - 100% scale or other - but state the other.

Mart> RE: Subject

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Is feebay related to festool? ;)

Reply to
OFWW

don't think so but maybe related to feintoosl

Reply to
Electric Comet