Delta Table Saw Wrenches

Hello,
My brother-in-law purchased an older Delta Table saw....nice one. Burned out motor, and replaced it. Almost just like new. Only thing he does not have the wrenches with it, and figure the owner never changed the blade and thus the motor got too hot ripping and burned out. Anyway, where can he get the original wrenches? He is modify some wrenches, and I was curious if he could just find some. Thank You john
On Sat, 2 May 2015 07:58:45 -0700

check feebay
also look everywhere you haven't so far
On Sat, 2 May 2015 08:35:14 -0700, Electric Comet

Is feebay related to festool? ;)

On Wed, 06 May 2015 12:12:13 -0700

don't think so but maybe related to feintoosl

A 7/8 wrench and a piece of wood works.
On 5/2/2015 10:44 AM, Markem wrote:

dado blades.

True I have a modified bandsaw blade my father made for the inside fitting. The bandsaw was huge, Case used it for sawing demo cut aways. Mark
On 5/2/2015 8:22 PM, Markem wrote:

For those that don't have a modified BS blade, ;!), consider an inexpensive wrench for the arbor flange side of the blade. It will most likely require a thin wrench but less expensive wrenches can easily be ground down to fit, using a grinder. I needed a "thin" wrench to replace a KitchenAid blender drive sprocket. I bought a Northern Tool wrench and ground it down for that one specific purpose.
Leon wrote:

made it to fit.
--
GW Ross

If I repent anything, it is likely to
On 5/3/2015 11:40 AM, Leon wrote:

You can buy thin wrenches, that's what I'd do if something happened to my table saw wrench. Sears sells them, and I think if you dags you'll find a lot of them. Would be pretty simple to put a slight bend in the wrench if your saw needs a bent thin wrench, as mine does. Sears sells a 1/2" one for under $10 for example.
--
Jack
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 9:59:21 AM UTC-5, jloomis wrote:

http://www.mikestools.com/parts_2161.aspx
Otherwise, search this site for the specific model.
Sonny
On Sat, 02 May 2015 07:58:45 -0700, jloomis wrote:

I've got a 1948 Delta and just use an adjustable wrench and a piece of wood. You shouldn't need a special wrench.
On 05/02/2015 9:58 AM, jloomis wrote:

Not sure which were shipped with them; if it isn't a Unisaw but one of the contractors saws they were probably just stamped sheet (1/8" roughly) steel anyway.
The Powermatic Model 66 came with a cast iron hex wrench that's pretty nice; as said not sure what the Unisaurs came with; never had one.
A nice box end w/o a large offset would probably suit well altho just a regular combination will suffice.

On 5/2/2015 9:58 AM, jloomis wrote:

Look here http://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php?q lta+table+saw+wrenches
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 7:59:21 AM UTC-7, jloomis wrote:

Well, the wrench has to be longer than the blade radius... so you could cut a wrench shape into the dead blade, and use that. I've done it. Lotsa sparks from the pneumatic grinder, might want to do it outdoors.
My early 1990s Delta Contractor saw uses a wrench made from flat steel. Ab out 1/8" thick. Has a 7/8" nut opening on one end and a 1" nut opening on the other end. Not sure why they put two sizes on the wrench. About 9.75" long so easily reaches to the center of a 10" saw blade where the mounting nut is located. The wrench is stamped or cut out of 1/8" thick steel. A regular Craftsman wrench would be just as nice or nicer. The nut holding t he blade on is one size. So you only need one wrench to change the blade. You don't need an adjustable wrench because there is only one nut to loose n or tighten and its size does not change.

Well, I'd start with the original manufacturer:
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/
Altho that might not be the cheapest solution.
John
"jloomis" wrote in message
Hello,
My brother-in-law purchased an older Delta Table saw....nice one. Burned out motor, and replaced it. Almost just like new. Only thing he does not have the wrenches with it, and figure the owner never changed the blade and thus the motor got too hot ripping and burned out. Anyway, where can he get the original wrenches? He is modify some wrenches, and I was curious if he could just find some. Thank You john
RE: Subject
If you can't find the Delta stamped sheet metal ones, look around for "tappet" wrenches.
Should be available as double open end or maybe even combination wrenches.
(Open end with closed end on opposite end).
Lew
Get someone with a CNC machine and laser or plasma and ask them to cut out your design. Draw it out on a paper - 100% scale or other - but state the other.
Martin