Delta drill presses

I am looking at a Delta 17-901 drill press, about 7 years old. Does anybody know how it compares to the 17-965 Delta currently offers?
Trevor.
Go for it. The new one is made off shore- you would be much better off with an older model.
Or look at a Powermatic Variable speed. That is what I wish I had done.
-Dan V.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:30:45 -0400, Trevor Ibach

You may consider the new Delta X5 drill press. It's a little bit more expensive but I got the free router and sold it back brand new (I have 3 already) so the drill press comes down quite a bit cheaper. Actually, I had it during a promotion where the price was already reduced... All in all, it came about 20% more than the 17-965C. Well worth it for the variable speed only.
The great advantage are the variable speed and the 6" quill stroke. Great for deep mortises.
Just my 0.02
Ben
It's 7 years older ;-)