Delta 34-444 table saw advice

I am a very beginner woodworker, and in the market for my first table saw. In my local paper there is a:

Delta 10", model 34-444, left tilt, 115/230, comes w/manual, miter gauge, blade, dust coll, port, great shape, original owner, very little use for $275.

Is that a good deal? I've done a ton of research, and it seems like it is, but want to get some expert opinions. He said it has the stock fence that came with it new, so I don't know if that's good or bad.

Reply to
Chris S

Good deal. Mine was the 34-445Z which is the same saw with some options like a cast iron wing, 52" Unifence and a right side extension table which sold as a package deal several years back for over $900.

Are you sure it's a left tilt? I didn't know Delta made left tilting Contractor Saws.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

If you don't buy it, I will. I had one and loved it. Good saw. Replace belt with a link belt and you'll be OK.

n 17 Oct 2003 05:36:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@explorect.com (Chris S) wrote:

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Thanks. As for the left tilt, not sure, just going by what the ad says. But I'm going to tomorrow morning to go look at it and possibly buy it.

Reply to
Chris S

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Excellent deal if really in great shape. The 34-444 is the "classic" Delta Contractor Saw. I've had one for about 5 years. It's rock-solid, reliable and accurate. I paid around $500 for it 5 years ago and I expect it to last as long as I do. Maybe longer.

Go for it.

Published e-mail address is strictly for spam collection. If e-mailing me, please use jc631 at optonline dot net

Reply to
john carlson

Does it take a dado set?

Reply to