Delta 22-560 planner

Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins but the rollers(both of them ) just stopped moving. any thoughts or suggestions?
Len
On 7/13/11 8:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com wrote:

Open that puppy up. Broken belt. Cheap part.
<http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-22560-type-planer-parts-c-3275_3571_3580.html
--

-MIKE-

Most likely, that is the problem.
Another: Jammed with wet or high in resin sawdust? The buildup of highly resined yellow pine had jammed the rubber roller on my (new) 15" plainer (first time using it). It was a pain to clean that crap from there.
Sonny

Mike is dead on the money. Same thing happened to my Hitachi. Hardest part is getting a new belt. JoeG
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:10:07 -0700 (PDT), GROVER

When I'm in that situ, I generally order several copies of the offending components. It's usually a whole lot cheaper. Shipping on a small, lightweight item is $8 for 1,2, or 3 pieces.
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer
thanks guys I thought as much. but I cannot get the last screw to loosen(it is always the way when you need the machine to work)
len
" snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com" wrote in message
Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins but the rollers(both of them ) just stopped moving. any thoughts or suggestions?
Len
On 7/15/2011 12:12 AM, snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com wrote:

This likely easily take care of the screw:
http://tinyurl.com/3sm8p4f

--
Jack

And use a dental drill in your Foredom to clean up/deepen the screw head if it's burred up.
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud