De-rusting electrolysis - new PSU source

Just noticed that my local supplier of cheap electronic toys (Maplin

- like Radio Shack, but in the UK) is offering digital camera PSUs. These are the typical adjustable voltage wall-warts, but they can supply up to 2A, which is usable for de-rusting. Cost is £15, which is expensive for a cheapskate recycler like myself, but cheaper than the $50 someone recently quoted.

Mind you, I think £15 must be nearly $50 by now, with the way the dollar is collapsing.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ouch...thanks a lot! actually it's $27.54

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

I'm still not sure why the PS problem is so daunting. Radio Shack sells transformers pretty cheap although any low voltage unit should do if it has the amps and a full wave rectifier isn't much either. I figure $10 US should do it. I also wonder why an old PC supply wouldn't work. (lots of them will start "no load") I haven't had a chance to try this but I hope to soon.

Reply to
Greg

I put my old battery trickle charger on the tub (this electrolysis is neat stuff!)

I put my true RMS meter on it and read 3.5 AC on top of 9.5v DC.

Amperage has dropped off but I feel this is due to the lawn mower blade I cut to make 2 electrodes needs cleaning. Plus is could probably use some fresh solution.

I'm going to try an old power supply I have someplace around here. I should get my old P5/100 power supply and see what it does, I doubt it's shot fan bearings will make a difference, at least in the beginning.

Reply to
Mark

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Andy Dingley at snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com wrote on 1/10/04 10:13 AM:

whats a PSU ?

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen

Pakistani Symbiotic Umbrella. Duh.

What, did you think it meant Power Supply Unit or something?

Reply to
Silvan

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:48:32 GMT, Reyd Dorakeen brought forth from the murky depths:

A wall wart, or DC power supply unit.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I said I was stoopid:P

in article snipped-for-privacy@giganator.family.lan, Silvan at snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net wrote on 1/10/04 10:14 PM:

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen

LMAO!

Reply to
Silvan

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:14:46 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Hey, you're getting those interestingly worded emails, too?

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:05:02 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

That's not grokkable for far too many here. Pity.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Unfortunately, neither is this. Dammed loss of classical edumakashun

/vic

Reply to
Valentine Smith

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:13:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net (Valentine Smith) brought forth from the murky depths:

Right you are, Michael.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, that's *my* name. Or it almost was. I was a gnat's hair away from being named Valentine Michael instead of David Michael.

As far as classical education, well, I hafta admit I wouldn't be where I am today without Latin. I met SWMBO in Latin 101.

I can't read Latin worth a damn now though. I don't think I could conjugate a verb in more than a couple of tenses or decline my way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Silvan

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:31:30 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

I probably did, but I don't recall what I said.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh well. We'll have to try to piss each other off some other day.

Reply to
Silvan

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:13:47 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Count on it, pissant. (or today?)

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I mixed up some poly and I'm going to use it on all the cherry/walnut mahogany stuff I've been building. After I stain it "light natural" Minwhacks.

Nyah.

Reply to
Silvan