De-rusting electrolysis - new PSU source

Just noticed that my local supplier of cheap electronic toys (Maplin - like Radio Shack, but in the UK) is offering digital camera PSUs. These are the typical adjustable voltage wall-warts, but they can supply up to 2A, which is usable for de-rusting. Cost is 15, which is expensive for a cheapskate recycler like myself, but cheaper than the $50 someone recently quoted.
Mind you, I think 15 must be nearly $50 by now, with the way the dollar is collapsing.
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:13:33 +0000, Andy Dingley

Ouch...thanks a lot! actually it's $27.54
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
I'm still not sure why the PS problem is so daunting. Radio Shack sells transformers pretty cheap although any low voltage unit should do if it has the amps and a full wave rectifier isn't much either. I figure $10 US should do it. I also wonder why an old PC supply wouldn't work. (lots of them will start "no load") I haven't had a chance to try this but I hope to soon.
Greg wrote:

I put my old battery trickle charger on the tub (this electrolysis is neat stuff!)
I put my true RMS meter on it and read 3.5 AC on top of 9.5v DC.
Amperage has dropped off but I feel this is due to the lawn mower blade I cut to make 2 electrodes needs cleaning. Plus is could probably use some fresh solution.
I'm going to try an old power supply I have someplace around here. I should get my old P5/100 power supply and see what it does, I doubt it's shot fan bearings will make a difference, at least in the beginning.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Andy Dingley at snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com wrote on 1/10/04 10:13 AM:

?
Reyd Dorakeen wrote:

Pakistani Symbiotic Umbrella. Duh.
What, did you think it meant Power Supply Unit or something?
I said I was stoopid:P
in article snipped-for-privacy@giganator.family.lan, Silvan at snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net wrote on 1/10/04 10:14 PM:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:14:46 -0500, Silvan

Hey, you're getting those interestingly worded emails, too?
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:31:30 -0500, Silvan

I probably did, but I don't recall what I said.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

Oh well. We'll have to try to piss each other off some other day.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:13:47 -0500, Silvan

Count on it, pissant. (or today?) <bseg>
---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment http://www.diversify.com Website Applications =================================================
Larry Jaques wrote:

I mixed up some poly and I'm going to use it on all the cherry/walnut mahogany stuff I've been building. After I stain it "light natural" Minwhacks.
Nyah.
forth from the murky depths:

A wall wart, or DC power supply unit.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

LMAO!
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:05:02 -0500, Silvan

That's not grokkable for far too many here. Pity.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

/vic
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:13:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net (Valentine Smith) brought forth from the murky depths:

Right you are, Michael.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

Hey, that's *my* name. Or it almost was. I was a gnat's hair away from being named Valentine Michael instead of David Michael.
As far as classical education, well, I hafta admit I wouldn't be where I am today without Latin. I met SWMBO in Latin 101.
I can't read Latin worth a damn now though. I don't think I could conjugate a verb in more than a couple of tenses or decline my way out of a wet paper bag.