Das Lathe Bench - In The Home Stretch

In the home stretch on Das Lathe Bench. Got the conflict between the piano hinged debris chute and the shelf worked out, added a rosewood knob the the hinged dust chute so I don't have to push it up from under the bench and came up with a way to - put a lip on the back of the bench top to keep things I don't want falling off the back while having the option of sweeping / air blasting stuff I do want off the bench top - keep debris from falling on to my shelf below the bench top.
Good thing I'm using the Build / Design As You Go Approach for this thing. I thought I'd worked out just about everything before I started building - but I knew an unforseen or two would pop up somewhere along the way.
So here's the next two pages on Das Lathe Bench
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/CBlatheBench/CBlathebench7.html
As always, comments, suggestions, questions and constructive criticism are appreciated.
charlie b