Cutting up a Tree Stump

I just pulled out a 65 year old Walnut Tree from our walnut orchard. We have the stump, made of black walnut, sitting next to house. Where can I get someone to cut it up into planks so as to be able to make a fire mantle out of it?
We live in the Central Valley of California, near Stockton. Thanks for any info.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Try posting a notice in the sawmill area of the Forestry Forum. http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php
OR
Go to woodmizer's website; I believe they still have a regional contact list for putting people together with owners of their portable sawmills.
Good luck.
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:
Mark:

1) look for a sawmill in the yellow pages. I'd look for wood supplier, then go from there.
2) ask around. Got to be a local woodworker's club in/around Stockton. Someone might know someone whose got a mill.
3) Think about transporting it to a mill. Someone in our woodworking class said there was a BIG (as in dollars) when he trucked over his red eucaleptus (sp) trunk to a mill vs someone coming out to carry it. He put it in his truck it was over 8ft long.
4) put an ad in Craig's list (got to be local one, no?, for your area)
5) all else fails - put in on eBay!
MJWallace