cutting perfect circles

Page 2 of 2
Using a router is probably your easiest bet, using the trammel idea from the first post. If you make it long enough you can make multiple pivoting points at 8", 9", and 10" and beyond. Now a word of caution, depending on the hardness of the stock you might want to make successive cuts, say at 1/4" then 1/2" and finally all the way through. Trying to cut through 3/4" stock with a less powerful router, and/or a bit that might not be as sharp as when new can be a bear, or dangerous, or both. Take your time and be safe.
Dave

not
the
Frank wrote:

I have found that my lathe is great for cutting circles. I'll let you figure out how its done. Could not be easier.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

use
the
bits
I have the 8 & 10 circles covered but not the 9. Might be that you can use the design at the http://www.patwarner.com/621_offset.html link on your hand made plate. *************************************************

http://astro.umsystem.edu/atm/ARCHIVES/MAY99/msg01093.html
-- www.e-woodshop.net Last update: 9/21/03