Cutting board

I have about 20 or so good red cedar boards laying around and was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to make a laminated cutting board from them. I read some after doing a google search, that pine was an alternative. Just kind of wonder what to do with these boards. I've already did SWMBO dressing room in all cedar, including a cedar blanket chest. Inquiring minds like mine want to know. TIA
--
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman

alternative.
minds

Build bird feeders or the like with it. It's a crappy wood for cutting boards (too soft etc.). Hank
Jerry Gilreath wrote:

It's a horrible idea.
It would be very unsanitary.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

Yuck! Use them for an outdoor project. Bluebird houses made of cedar are very good.
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman
scribbled

No yuck. Cut them up and use a couple for planking fish or steaks. Sell the rest at grossly inflated prices, e.g:
http://www.rockytrail.com/planks.html
I agree with others that cedar is too soft for use in a cutting board.
"Luigi Zanasi" writes:

I'll drink to that.
--
Lew