Cutting board

I have about 20 or so good red cedar boards laying around and was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to make a laminated cutting board from them. I read some after doing a google search, that pine was an alternative. Just kind of wonder what to do with these boards. I've already did SWMBO dressing room in all cedar, including a cedar blanket chest. Inquiring minds like mine want to know. TIA

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

It's really to soft in my opinion.

Dave

alternative.

Reply to
David Babcock

"Jerry Gilreath" wrote in news:fUvzb.295504$9E1.1502838@attbi_s52:

Build bird feeders or the like with it. It's a crappy wood for cutting boards (too soft etc.). Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

It's a horrible idea.

It would be very unsanitary.

Reply to
Mark

Yuck! Use them for an outdoor project. Bluebird houses made of cedar are very good.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:00:42 GMT, Phisherman scribbled

No yuck. Cut them up and use a couple for planking fish or steaks. Sell the rest at grossly inflated prices, e.g:

agree with others that cedar is too soft for use in a cutting board.

Luigi Zanasi

I'll drink to that.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett