Counter balance hinges for toy box

I am searching for a pair of ounterbalanced hinges which I can use on

child's toy box to prevent the lid slamming down. I hve seen tham on boc in France

I can find a supplierin the USA but am having no luck in the UK

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

Roger Bake

-- roger_baker

Reply to
roger_baker

Wilson Lamb

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Feb 10, 2005, 1:22pm (EST+5) roger snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com (roger_baker) asks: I am searching for a pair of ounterbalanced hinges which I can use on a child's toy box to prevent the lid slamming down.

I don't believe in toy box lids for little kids. For the older kids, I figure they should know enough not to slam the lid on their fingers, so they don't need a counterbalance. Besides, it only takes about once for a lid to slam on their fingers for them to learn not to do that anymore.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

It's not so much that they don't know (or even have learned your way) but a case of w/ kids "stuff happens"...best to either avoid it w/o the lid as you suggest or w/ counterbalance imo...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Get the Lee Valley ones. They have a viscous mechanism that doesn't stop easy closing (like springs) and doesn't force the lid upwards (like a gas strut).

Reply to
Andy Dingley