Counter balance hinges for toy box

I am searching for a pair of ounterbalanced hinges which I can use on
child's toy box to prevent the lid slamming down. I hve seen tham on boc in France
I can find a supplierin the USA but am having no luck in the UK
Can anyone help me?
Many thanks
Roger Bake
-- roger_baker
The catalogs are full of 'em...Rockler has multiple types. Some are hinges and some are just supports. Wilson

I found a "soft landing" lid support for a blanket chest, same as toy box, at www.wwhardware.com as a USA user, don't know about UK.
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:22:17 +0000, roger_baker

Feb 10, 2005, 1:22pm (EST+5) roger snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com (roger_baker) asks: I am searching for a pair of ounterbalanced hinges which I can use on a child's toy box to prevent the lid slamming down. <snip>
I don't believe in toy box lids for little kids. For the older kids, I figure they should know enough not to slam the lid on their fingers, so they don't need a counterbalance. Besides, it only takes about once for a lid to slam on their fingers for them to learn not to do that anymore.
J T wrote:

It's not so much that they don't know (or even have learned your way) but a case of w/ kids "stuff happens"...best to either avoid it w/o the lid as you suggest or w/ counterbalance imo...
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:22:17 +0000, roger_baker

Get the Lee Valley ones. They have a viscous mechanism that doesn't stop easy closing (like springs) and doesn't force the lid upwards (like a gas strut).