Copper naphthenate

Does anyone know whether copper namphenate works ok as a preservative for wood in a raised garden bed that will be used to raise vegetables? As far as I can find out it seems ok, but does anyone have more specific information? Thanks!

http://www.merichem.com/Copper/Index.HTM -- Ernie
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:10:21 -0600, Sanford Levy

where do you even GET this stuff?
Traves
Copper compounds are used to kill vegetation. Copper sulfate in fountains and septic systems two common examples. Obviously there are concentration and solubility issues with the napthalate, but it seems it is in common usage. We have to remove the copper stamp sand we've used for years on the community ball diamond because of "exposure" issues. Stuff's green with copper, but weeds still grow.
Search under Copper napthalate came up with a lot of crosstalk.