Compact Belt Sander

Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2" x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price? Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Joe,

I don't have one, but have looked at in the store

It would seem that it would be much easier to control. Typically, belt sanders do their own thing without much control from the operator...This one might obey a little better and you should be able to reign it some before it sands all the way down to the 'quick'.

Skip

Skip Williams

I have had one for about 6 months and I love it. Nice and light weight but still plenty of power.

Reply to
Neillarson

"GROVER" wrote

Have one, like it, would buy it again.

Reply to
Swingman

Yep... It's a good one... If you need to justify tool purchases, you are in the wrong hobby.

GROVER wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

but not the wrong ng, we'll help you justify *any* tool purchase you're undecided about.....

jc

Reply to
Joe