Compact Belt Sander

Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2" x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price? Joe G
Joe,
I don't have one, but have looked at in the store<g>
It would seem that it would be much easier to control. Typically, belt sanders do their own thing without much control from the operator...This one might obey a little better and you should be able to reign it some before it sands all the way down to the 'quick'.
Skip www.ShopFileR.com

I have had one for about 6 months and I love it. Nice and light weight but still plenty of power.
"GROVER" wrote

Have one, like it, would buy it again.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/16/07
GROVER wrote:

but not the wrong ng, we'll help you justify *any* tool purchase you're undecided about.....
jc