cold weather in New Hampshire

60° F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in New England sunbathe.

50° F: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. People in New England plant gardens.

40° F: Italian & English cars won't start. People in New England drive with the windows down.

32° F: Distilled water freezes. Maine's Moose head Lake's water gets thicker.

20° F: Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in New England throw on a flannel shirt.

15° F: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in New England have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0° F: All the people in Miami die. New Englanders close the windows.

-10° F: Californians fly away to Mexico. The Girl Scouts in New England are selling cookies door to door.

-20° F: Hollywood disintegrates. People in New England get out their winter coats.

-50° F: Washington DC runs out of hot air. People in New England let the dogs sleep indoors.

-100° F: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. New Englanders get frustrated because they can't start their "kahs."

-460° F: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale). People in New England start saying, "cold 'nuff for ya?"

-500° F: Hell freezes over. The Red Sox win the World Series.

thought you might like this one.....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Mike, I'm in So Cal, 10PM, outside temp 55° F, - colder than crap for us! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

RE: Subject

Major reason I came to SoCal was because I got tired ofg being up to my armpits in 6 ft of "partly cloudy" from Nov to April in Northern Ohio.

When I arrived in SoCal, thought anything below 50F was unfit for human habitation.

After being here for awhile, now consider anything below 60F as unfit for human habitation.

As this is being written, it's about 50F outside.

That sucks but it sure beats what the rest of the country is experiencing.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yeah, right. That six feet of lake effect keeps folks away from the house as well as your pyracantha shrubs and barred SoCal windows.

Y'all have a good time out there rubbing up against the next guy. I'm going snowshoeing with the dogs....

Reply to
George

One of the options that shows up on the weather report is "wintry mix". For those of you outside the area, that means it's snows, rains, and sleets - all at the same time.

To be fair, only around Boston do they pronounce it "kah". Up here in New Hampshire we pronounce it "truck".

Oh, and at 20° F my daugter still goes outside in a t-shirt.

Heck, I think I only *own* one long sleeved shirt (it was a gift).

Reply to
DJ Delorie

But... are you bragging -- or complaining?

Reply to
Steve

I wish to hell Al Gore had stumbled up here to New Hampshire to sample some of global warming of the last month!

Jay Sweeney in NH

Reply to
S S Law NH

Oh, it's much worse than that. Here in Tallahassee the kids pull out those Browning down jackets that make them look like the Michelin Man any time it gets below 60.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Dick Durbin

...Canadians determine that there's a cold snap on, and consider going south to New England for a winter break.

Reply to
Greg Neill

That's so funny Dick, my fiancée moved here from Tallahassee three years ago and the last thing she bought down there was one of those jackets for use up here in WV. She said "everyone told me this would keep me warm up in WV!" And yes she looks like a Navy blue Michelin man when she wears it!

Jim

Reply to
James D Kountz

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:46:49 -0500, "Greg Neill" scribbled:

The original version had "The Leafs win the Cup."

45 below (-48F, Keith) here this morning. That's without wind-chill, for you southern (i.e. anyone living below the 60th parallel) wimps. I had to use a Tiger Torch and a battery charger to get the car started this morning as it hadn't been plugged in properly.
Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

"LUIGI ZANASI" !!!! I never realized it got that cold in northern Italy ....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:59:24 GMT, "Mike Hide" exclaimed:

Me soviet kanuckistani. Lessa Italian than you'sa da Brit becausa I living in GWN sincea I pulled kicking & screaming outa my mamma's warm & comfy womba. Justa cause we no gotta da English name, she don' meana we not da kanuckistani.

Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:24:14 -0600, Dave Balderstone scribbled:

Maybe that didn't come out right. Southerners are anyone living below the 60th parallel, wimps are those who whine about cool mild weather and add (subtract?) the wind chill factor to make it sound worse. Like my brother in Montreal a few weeks ago when it was -6C in Whitehorse and 30 below with the wind chill in Montreal. While Northerners cannot be wimps, being a southerner does not necessarily mean that one is a wimp. I just checked on Environment Canada's web site, Winterpeg is -39C and -52C with the wind chill. Not wimpy, and neither is Toontown or any other Prairie city. And this is said by someone from Canada's third coldest city. Winnipeg actually has colder winters than Whitehorse and Saskatoon has about the same winter temperatures. Check out:

some really neat stuff.

It warmed up considerably here, it went up to a positively balmy -28C (-18F, Keith) today and it's only about 30 below now. Although -40C (-40F, Keith) is forecast for tomorrow. The thing I don't like about this weather is that it takes way too long to get the shop to a reasonable temperature, like above freezing. Down to about 30 below is OK.

Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

-26C this morning, but the wind is up and it looks like we're finally going to get a real blizzard later today. About time... Haven't seen a good one for at least 6 - 8 years.

Downside is that SWMBO was supposed to head to a conference in Regina this weekend, and it looks like even if the highway isn't closed, travel in anything except a Humvee may be too dangerous.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone