CNC for beginners...well..sort of.

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/cnc-mill-kits-shapeoko
On 4/7/2012 12:22 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Rob, do you have any experience with Legacy CNC products?
http://www.legacycncwoodworking.com /
The owner was giving a seminar at the woodworking show in Houston which I quite enjoyed, and his machines looked very nice, but I really don't have any idea how they stack up to the competition.

I've been looking at the hobbyist CNC mill designs for a while now, and have pretty much settled on this design (Shapeoko).
I was rather disappointed that the price for the full kit was so much more than the $300 price-point originally envisioned --- getting $649 past the finance committee is a bit more awkward. It would help if they'd offer an option to purchase the kit in sections --- the hardware for $195 first, then the electronics, then the router and bits and base.
William