clean your blade once in a while

Well, I can be a lazy bastard sometimes. My WWII blade has been burning a lot lately. I knew it was a bit gummed up, but I just didn't want to mess with it. Yesterday, I got some nasty burn marks on the edges of some nice mahogany for a haberdasher I'm building. I finally got the CMT orange stuff out along with a brass brush. You wouldn't believe the crud on that blade. It's shiny new looking now. First pass through that mahogany, it slid like shit through a goose. And no burn marks. I gotta be less lazy in the future....
Next task: Sharpen those jointer blades that are leaving streak marks on the wood. Might not have to sand so much......
Bob
Never clean your goose with it. Imagine how that would come out!!

stuff
blade.
like
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:46:31 -0500, "bob"

I don't recommend using dull blades on anything but if you just have a nick on otherwise sharp blades, (and you have room on the spindle) you can slide one blade over a hair and it will clean up the marks from the nicks in the other blades.
Mike O.