Children's Playhouse - Height of ceiling

What should be the height of the ceiling of a children's playhouse? I'm building one at the cottage for my grandchild who will be three years old when she first starts to play in it, but of course she's going to grow, and I don't want to be faced with building a bigger one three or four years from now.
Thanks.
George
I'd suggest walls about 6' high and low windows. That should suit most kids until they are too old to play in it. This way you can also use it as a storage shed once they outgrow it, plus you can easily fill in the windows. Try adding a small loft in it, something I saw in one last year that the persons kids really loved. I'd for sure not go under 5'.
George wrote:

8 feet! You never know when you may have to sleep in it. <g> Don't forget to insulate the walls! Ken
I'd be a little uncomfortable with 8 feet, since there will be a second level, and there is always the possibility of a fall. Granpa's 6 feet suggestion was more in line with my thinking. Even at that height, however, I worry about safety.
I can't have the playhouse bigger than my workshop!
Regards, George

T. wrote:

Yeah, besides, kids are tough little buggers.
One time, I climbed to the top of a 100' pine tree, just to see if I could. I never did like climbing pine trees, because they're so goopy, and the branches are so pitifully weak, but this one was unusually tall, and looked very climbable.
Well, you know how that goes. Right about the time I was poking my head out the top and going "Hi Mom, look at your idiot son!" the branch I was standing on snapped clean in two.
I caught myself somewhere in the bottom third of the three.
With my nuts.
Ouch.
I have two kids, so I guess no major damage was done. :)
Silvan wrote:

My cousin was kicked by a horse and it required surgery to get the family jewels back in place. :-(
-- Mark