Children's Playhouse - Height of ceiling

What should be the height of the ceiling of a children's playhouse? I'm building one at the cottage for my grandchild who will be three years old when she first starts to play in it, but of course she's going to grow, and I don't want to be faced with building a bigger one three or four years from now.

Thanks.

George

Reply to
George

Grandpa
8 feet! You never know when you may have to sleep in it. Don't forget to insulate the walls! Ken
Reply to
boonie

I'd be a little uncomfortable with 8 feet, since there will be a second level, and there is always the possibility of a fall. Granpa's 6 feet suggestion was more in line with my thinking. Even at that height, however, I worry about safety.

I can't have the playhouse bigger than my workshop!

Regards, George

Reply to
George

Yeah, besides, kids are tough little buggers.

One time, I climbed to the top of a 100' pine tree, just to see if I could. I never did like climbing pine trees, because they're so goopy, and the branches are so pitifully weak, but this one was unusually tall, and looked very climbable.

Well, you know how that goes. Right about the time I was poking my head out the top and going "Hi Mom, look at your idiot son!" the branch I was standing on snapped clean in two.

I caught myself somewhere in the bottom third of the three.

With my nuts.

Ouch.

I have two kids, so I guess no major damage was done. :)

Reply to
Silvan

My cousin was kicked by a horse and it required surgery to get the family jewels back in place. :-(

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde