Checking drift prior to resawing on a bandsaw

Two questions for the group
What is the proper way to check for drift on a band saw?
Is drift a permanent feature of the saw or do I need to re-check whenever the blade, etc. changes? Should I mark the band saw table with this info for whenever I need to resaw?
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Edwin Pawlowski writes:

Yeah, it can, and sometimes with no tune-up needed. I have a Shop Fox 16" blade and yesterday, partly out of curiosity and partly out of a need for a couple photos, I took a piece of chinaberry, made a fast jig (V angle at the point), left the 1/4" Olson blade in the saw and ran a resaw. No drift until I one-handed (and my near useless left hand at that) the last 1-1/2" so I could fire the camera with the other hand (timer wouldn't work because it was chilly, maybe 20 deg. F.).
Charlie Self "Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." Dorothy Parker
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

eliminate
blade
couple
point),
could
chilly,> maybe 20 deg. F.).
Agree ... have a 1/2", 3TPI, TimberWolf on my 14" band saw that will saw as straight as a table saw. It's the only blade I own that has that characteristic so well defined ... so I take good care of it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/16/04