Check out my progress and a question

Page 2 of 2

I suspect he's trying to avoid getting glue squeeze-out on the aprons (AKA skirts). I seem to have mixed results with this.
todd

Yep, helps with glue squeeze out. I use to put in on the legs as well around the mortise, but one time I put it on to close to the mortise and a little bit of blue tape got pinned underneath the tenon. I didn't notice it until after the glue dried. I could never get it all off. If you look really close at one of my pieces you can see a tiny piece of blue tape in between the tenon and leg. Oops!
Now I only wrap it around the tenon. It speeds up clean up time a little.
Since it's a dining table, why didn't you build it with dteachable legs so it could be moved, i.e. to another house/owner?????
Not sure. I know i can get it in my back door with the top off and attach the top once inside.
I never made a table with detachable legs. I guess I could have used bed rail hardware.
Oh well. I just hope my next home has a back door (french doors?) near the kitchen.
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Clock the table so that the top is vertical and then start with the bottoms of the legs going out first. You will figure the rest out at that point.

Geez, did you stay gone long enough. LOL Did that kitchen get the best of you?
BTY I built a butcher block table that had legs that were longer than the door was wide. Tip the table 90 degrees and go out with the bottoms of the legs and clock around with the bottom of the opposite legs coming out last.
I always overengineer everything too so I vote for reinforcement of some kind.
By the way, I have the exact same table saw as you. I snapped the trunion and I have upgraded most everything on it over time but it's been great through the years...
http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Woodworking/Shop_Tour/shop_tour.html
Mike Brown

It is a good saw. I think I am ready for an upgrade though!
I think it is a little funny that we both moved the two side extension wings to the left side and put in a router table on the right! I thought I was being original with this saw when I did that! :)
Thanks for the feedback...
How can you work in that shop?!?!?!?!?!
Comeon, there ain't a speck of sawdust anywhere.....I bet you just collect tools, right?
;)