Cheaper to ship it from the US?

I have a DeWalt DW3401 bandsaw in need of a new top wheel. In the UK it is going to cost me £100 or so ($150) for the wheel, not even including bearings.

Can somebody in the US or Canada look it up for me (at your favourite spare parts center) so I can see if it actually works out cheaper to buy it over there and ship it over, or even have a well-travelled friend pick one up for me next time he's over that way?

Thanks in advance..

Reply to
PCPaul

It appears the DW3401 is only sold in the UK. The model is not listed on DeWalt's US web site and a Google search turns up UK links only.

Reply to
Nova

Ah... OK. Thanks for looking. Another dig reveals that it's very closely related to the DW738/9 or the Elu 3401/3501 - are they any better or are they UK only too?

I'd JFGI it myself but searches from here seem to be heavily biased to UK results...

Reply to
PCPaul

It would seem the DW738 and DW739 are also UK only for the same reasons. The Elu models get the same results as being UK only.

Note: The only DeWalt bandsaw available in the US is a portable hand held model:

Nova

I wonder whay they do that.. surely it's only changing the motor for a

240V/50Hz version that differs? Maybe it's just a badge engineering exercise by DeWalt UK of some Chinese rubbish.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
PCPaul

My guess is the band saw is made by Elu and sold under the DeWalt brand as the manual for the parts break down for the DeWalt and the Elu are identical.

DeWalt does sell some of the Elu tools under the DeWalt labile in the US but the band saw isn't one of them.

Reply to
Nova