Centering a router/mortise

So I'm trying to create a dovetail joint like the ones on these table legs

do this I'm using my newly constructed mortise jig which looks a lot like this
I'm having a hard time centering the cut. Is there a better way to setup the cut other than just fiddling with it till it's dead center ?

Reply to
damian penney

this

but I'm having a hard time centering the cut. Is there a better way to

Try to reverse the leg end for end and then route again. This should plow your mortise exactly in the middle of the stock. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

this

> but I'm having a hard time centering the cut. Is there a better way to

Ah! Of course!

Reply to
damian penney

"Is there a better way to setup the cut other than just fiddling with it till it's dead center ?" __________________ Maybe, see the 2 links.

1)
and

2)

pat

Thanks Pat, that second link was a help, and I like the look of your jig.

Reply to
damian penney