Centering a router/mortise

So I'm trying to create a dovetail joint like the ones on these table legs
http://www.dovetailcollection.com/catalog/console_tables_files/image029.jpg
To do this I'm using my newly constructed mortise jig which looks a lot like this http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID ) but I'm having a hard time centering the cut. Is there a better way to setup the cut other than just fiddling with it till it's dead center ?

Try to reverse the leg end for end and then route again. This should plow your mortise exactly in the middle of the stock. Joe G

Ah! Of course!
"Is there a better way to setup the cut other than just fiddling with it till it's dead center ?" __________________ Maybe, see the 2 links.
1) http://patwarner.com/router_morticing.html and
2) http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/article.asp?Site=woodworking&IDQ1 *****************************************************************
On Apr 10, 1:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

Thanks Pat, that second link was a help, and I like the look of your jig.