Canadian woodworking tool websites?

I'm looking for websites to research Canadian prices on woodworking tools.

So far I have found:

Are there any others?

Also, do any Canadians out there have experience with ordering from

or
What is shipping/duty/brokerage like? Do you know of any other American sites that ship to Canada?

Quentin.

Reply to
Quentin

TomWoodman

I'll offer one up: . They offer quite a range of powertools .

As for www.rockler or

- I've ordered twice from woodcraft (a shaker box making kit) during the summer. Through no fault of Woodcraft, it seemed to take forever for it to show up. I paid $9 in duty at the door. The second time around, it was $7 to the guy at the door. I do know however, that if customs opens your package for inspection, they charge you $8 plus the duty for they joy of having them route through your package and delay your receipt of same. Bunch of crooks.

Brian

Reply to
B Man

one has no online prices or ordering, but you can phone them:

Michael Daly

I work for Rockler. I wish we had a shipping facility (and stores!) in Canada, but we don't yet. We did, however, recently add an international shipping calculator in our online checkout process so you can find out how much your order might cost (at least in U.S. dollars) before you check out.

We do not collect brokerage or duty amounts up front, but if you select UPS as your delivery choice, they will charge you directly. Most of our Canadian customers choose postal service for this reason.

If you need any help or would like more specific answers, our ordering department is pretty familiar with shipping to Canada and other countries. You can reach them at snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com or via live chat at

Cheers!

- Scott Ekman Internet Director Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Scott.Ekman

I have a few listed here.

Happy Hunting.

Check Canadian Woodworking mag ads.

R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR